You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me ... C.S. Lewis

Do things to make your day precious ... Bernie Siegel


Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Road Between Friends is Never Long

Yesterday I traveled 100 miles to join friends in a lovely tearoom called Tea Time at Sadie's located in Fort Dodge, Iowa. I chose the four-cheese chicken casserole with greens, fresh fruit and peach lemonade. So much food that dessert was out of the question. Afterward we stopped at Repeat Boutique, a consignment shop. It was even better than we remembered and we found several treasures that we couldn't leave behind. I honestly don't enjoy shopping for clothes as much as I once did, and in recent years most of the clothes I wear to the office I've purchased online. But the company I loved called Weekenders recently went out of business, so I'll be learning how to shop in brick-and-mortar stores again.

Yarn shop of the week: I found time on my way home from Fort Dodge to stop at a beautiful shop called The Yarn Basket in Carroll. I came away with 400 yards of multicolored wool with which I plan to make a shawl.

Around the cottage: The flowers are blooming profusely and needing water every day. My windowboxes are overflowing with red and white petunias, yellow pansies and red begonias. After a late start, the tomato plants are large enough for stakes and cages. A new lamppost light has been a big improvement.

No comments: