You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me ... C.S. Lewis

Do things to make your day precious ... Bernie Siegel


Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Travel Plans ...


Were you a fan of Mary Tyler Moore? I was crazy about the show. My daughters even said I looked like MTM which of course, I do not, but they were trying to get on my good side! Everything about the show was perfect, and of course, they were able to make us believe it was really happening in Minneapolis. What I can't believe is that I have never visited Minneapolis long enough to drive past the house that was used for the exterior of "Mary's" apartment, and we live only four hours away. That is definitely on my list of "Things To Do" on our upcoming trip to the Twin Cities. We are looking forward to a visit to the Science Museum in St. Paul to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.

It's late March and seeing the spring plants peeping through the dirt gives us such hope. I noticed even the peonies are beginning to break ground. We also have tulips, daylilies, surprise lilies and iris making their appearance.

.I am working on a shawl called "One Skein A Stole" from Noro Garden Sock Yarn and I can't really say I'm crazy about it yet. It's full of dropped stitches so it's light and airy-looking. Maybe I'll be happier with it when I've completed it. I enjoyed making the felted coasters as a gift for a friend so much, that I've been trying to make one a day, felt them and have them on hand when I need a gift.

I just discovered another knitting podcast called "Gives Good Knit" by Tika who is a classic literature buff as well as a yarn and knitting fiend.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes - Marcel Proust

No comments: